Thursday 11 October 2012

Leonardo da Vinci etc.

I loved Leonardo da Vinci's anatomical drawings. The one's that really drew me were the ones he did before he actually dissected a corpse. He had depicted the positions of the vital organs perfectly before he'd even opened anyone up. His diagram of the brain however varied greatly from his later findings. Before dissection he depicted the brain as just having three chambers placed one after the other. The first chamber received all the sensory information along which interacted with your imagination before passing on to the reasoning chamber before it was finally lodged in the memory chamber. I enjoyed the process of seeing someone trying to work out what was going on more than them actually working it out.

I have reached 33, 534 words with my novel - steady wins the race. At least I hope it does. Rejections from Poetry Review today.

1 comment:

  1. Leonardo da Vinci- invincible! Keep going and make your mark :)

    ReplyDelete