Thursday 10 September 2009

Echeveria

Haven't made it to the allotment for a while - hopefully go soon and dig up the rest of my potatoes and see how the leeks are getting on. I love the silvery green of the leeks' leaves - I also love eating them though they are still a bit small for that. My youngest starts school on Thursday and I feel a bit sad though she seems very happy.






Above are photos of my beloved Echeveria coming into flower. I keep it outside in the summer but bring it in when it gets cold as it cannot cope with frost.
I need to get to the allotment shop soon and stock up on Japanese onions, aquadulce broad beans and maybe peas as these can all go in the ground in Autumn for earlier crop in spring. I need to start digging horse manure into the ground soon - except where I'm putting carrots and parsnips next year as they hate fertile ground- it makes them fork.

3 comments:

  1. I guess the echeveria belongs to the cacti family? The flowers make the nice contrast. hardly ever grow cacti except one in my son's bedroom. Very, very hardy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father used to grow those!
    I've tagged you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keats the sunshine girl - or is it a succulent or are they they same as cacti?? not sure. when i was young i even managed to kill a cacti.

    Rachel- thanks I have never been tagged before - it is an honour. not sure how to do it but will attempt it

    ReplyDelete